Personal injuries are some of the most unpredictable moments you can experience. When they occur, you can struggle to return to your usual way of life. Debilitating injuries, the ability to work, and even emotional trauma could result from a personal injury. Personal injuries caused by negligence are typically not the victim’s fault, meaning that someone else can be held responsible. If you were injured due to another’s neglectful actions, your attorney can help you get compensation.
You should seek legal advice from a reputable Cecil County personal injury lawyer. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of accidents caused by negligence obtain the compensation they deserve. We understand how overwhelming and confusing the legal process can be. Your attorney will strive to ensure that you receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Call Parker, Pallett, Slezak & Russell LLC for a free consultation.
How Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help you
When you’ve been injured because of another’s negligence, your attorney can protect your rights to fair compensation. After you seek legal advice, your attorney will prepare you by doing the following:
- Listen to your story and assess what type of legal claim you may have, such as medical malpractice.
- Gather evidence to build a strong case for compensation. This may include police reports, medical records, witness statements, and more.
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident to determine who is at fault and how that affects your claim.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to obtain the best possible settlement or jury award. They do this by calculating your damages and losses and crafting a settlement demand that meets your needs.
- Represent you in court if necessary by presenting compelling arguments to the judge or jury. They do this by carefully preparing your legal documents, such as pleadings and motions, and arguing your case in court.
The Necessary Qualities Of A Personal Injury Lawyer
You should work with a proven personal injury lawyer who cares about your needs. Qualities you should expect in an attorney include the following:
Great Communication Skills
Your attorney must be able to effectively communicate with you, the insurance company, and other parties involved in order to best protect your rights.
Access to Resources
It is important for an attorney to have access to resources such as expert witnesses, medical professionals, and other legal experts to properly evaluate your case.
Being able to remain steadfast and persistent even when situations get tough is one of the most important qualities a personal injury lawyer can possess.
Having a lawyer who is able to understand the emotional and physical strain you are going through will help make the case go much smoother.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Your Cecil County personal injury lawyer will work with you to determine the damages that should be included in your legal claim. These may include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, permanent disability, and more. Your attorney will then present this figure to the insurance company to negotiate a fair settlement.
Pain And Suffering
Pain and suffering are important components of any personal injury claim. Your attorney will assess the severity of your injuries, including physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional distress. They will also consider other non-economic losses, such as reduced quality of life, diminished earning capacity, and any lifestyle changes that may be necessary due to your injuries.
Medical expenses are typically the most significant damages in any personal injury claim. Your lawyer will analyze all of your medical bills and costs associated with future treatments or rehabilitation.
Lost wages are another important factor to consider when calculating your settlement costs. Your attorney will look at the income that you lost and will lose due to missing work as a result of the accident. They will also determine if you were entitled to any overtime or bonuses that were not paid due to the incident.
Property damage is another type of damage that must be considered when calculating your settlement. If your property was damaged or destroyed due to the accident, your attorney will help you recover compensation for these losses, including repair and replacement costs.
Our experienced attorneys are passionate about helping victims of negligence obtain justice and proper compensation for their injuries. We take pride in providing personalized legal services and fighting for each client’s rights every step of the way.
Steps To Take After A Personal Injury
If you’ve experienced a personal injury, there are some important steps you should take to protect your legal rights:
- Seek medical attention immediately. If you have sustained any injuries, seek medical treatment right away. Even if you don’t think you need treatment, getting checked out by a doctor can help them find any latent injuries and provide proof of the accident.
- Report the accident. Make sure to report the accident to the police and your insurance company. This will help ensure that a proper investigation is conducted.
- Collect evidence for your claim. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and any visible injuries. Collect contact information from any witnesses who were there with you.
- Contact a dependable attorney. After you have taken care of your medical needs, it’s important to contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. They can help you navigate the insurance claim process and protect your legal rights.
- Keep track of your records. Save all documents related to the accident, including medical bills, insurance claims, and any other paperwork you may receive. It’s important to keep a detailed record of all communication with the insurance company as well as any updates on the progress of your case.
Your attorney can ensure that your rights are protected after a personal injury accident. If you have any questions or need legal advice, please don’t hesitate to contact our law firm. You don’t have to pay us upfront due to our contingency fee agreement. Reach out to Parker, Pallett, Slezak & Russell LLC today for a free consultation.