- Received her B.A. in International Relations from Scripps College in Claremont, California in 1986
- Received her Juris Doctor Degree in 1991 from the University of Baltimore School of Law
- Ms. Slezak is a member of the American Bar Association.
- She is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association.
- She is a member of the Baltimore County Bar Association.
- She is a member of the Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ), including the Legislative Leaders Circle of the MAJ.
- She is a member in good standing of the Maryland Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
- She participates as an Attorney coach for various high school Moot Court teams.
- She participated in a seminar that taught young attorneys trial techniques.
- She volunteers as a mentor for several young attorneys.
Karmen M. Slezak Partner
Karmen M. (Kater) Slezak is a former trial counselor for a major insurance firm, because of this she has a ton of trial experience in personal injury litigation in both the District Courts and the Circuit Courts of Maryland.
This Baltimore County resident joined the firm back in 2003 as an Associate and then in 2010 was able to become a Partner. Ms. Slezak focuses primarily on civil and automobile tort litigation. However, she has also handled multiple traffic and criminal matters, landlord and tenant issues, bankruptcy cases, and so much more throughout her career as a lawyer.
In her life outside of the law, Ms. Slezak enjoys bicycling, running, fishing, cooking, and she is active in many community organizations. This includes membership with the Middle River Rotary Club where she holds the position of Chairperson for the Scholarship Committee and has been President in the past (2018-2020), membership in the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber, and she is on the Board of the Wilson Point Civic Improvement Association.
When asked what Ms. Slezak enjoys the most about her job, she stated, “I enjoy helping my injured clients attain the justice that they deserve.”